Sundered World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Chapter: Deals with the Devil

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Extra Chapter: Deals with the Devil - Page 2 Empty Re: Extra Chapter: Deals with the Devil

Post by Problematic Thu May 12, 2016 7:57 pm

As the pair reached the glass double doors, their driver opened the door for them, silently motioning inward with her hand as she did so. Astral would take the front, allowing Pipes to follow in behind her and finally the third wheel of their entourage taking up the rear.

The doors opened into what appeared at first glance to be some sort of medical office of sorts, very much like a doctor's office. There wouldn't be any waiting for them, however, as Astral was quick to approach the front desk and flash her card to the woman at the front desk who was quick to buzz them into the backroom. This time it would be Astral who politely held the door open for them, Pipes taking the lead with subtle directions from Astral through a hallway only wide enough for a single person.

Turning one corner in particular lead to a much more open room occupied only by two snack machines that looked as though they hadn't seen service in at least a decade and an elevator. Down, down, up, up, down, up, down, up, down, down, up. Astral appeared to simply be playing with the elevator buttons as she tapped them at random. Considering there was no up from here it didn't seem to particularly matter which direction you hit. The elevator arrived with a chime and all would climb in. Rather than a floor select, Astral was now presented with a numerical keypad, to which she was quick to punch in 1026... and they were on their way down.

"I feel as though you'll appreciate this part a bit more..." Astral alluded, taking the long trip down to remove her trench coat and hat to reveal a much more military outfit beneath.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Extra Chapter: Deals with the Devil - Page 2 Empty Re: Extra Chapter: Deals with the Devil

Post by Nyrax Fri May 13, 2016 12:14 am

Pipes tried to memorize the button order that Astral typed in, but her fingers were too fast to Pipes to keep up with...that and he got bored after the first five clicks. Still, this trip was going far more interesting with every step they took. Apparently not only was this base secure, but if anyone was to raid or check it they wouldn't find anything unless they knew the correct procedures to go further.

"See now this is interesting, now we're going to the James Bond type level" Pipes said with amusement as he moved back to lean against the back wall of the elevator. To a normal person they might have been creeped out, but Pipes didn't intimidate easily. Not yet at least.

"This your only facility or do you have more like it...and out of curiosity did it already exist or was it made after the whole world changed when our kind showed up?"

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Mon May 16, 2016 2:07 am

"There are more like this one, though I'm not at liberty to share where or how many. It was constructed not long after my own position as head of this organization as were the others." It wasn't much longer after she finished speaking that the elevator slowed and reached the bottom. It had obviously taken them far underground to a point where no amount of pipe drilling or underground construction would find the secret bunker to be in existence.

With a rather anticlimactic chime, the elevator door opened to a single, unoccupied white room lined with coats and other apparel hung along the walls. and set upon the shelves. There were no exits immediately apparent, but Astral used this opportunity to hang up her trenchoat and place her wide-brimmed hat in its place before retrieving the cap that more appropriately matched the rest of her attire.

Once she was finished, their silent companion strolled forward to the wall on the opposite end from the elevator and gave it a push with the flat of her hand, revealing it to be a strategically invisible print scanner as the rectanglular shape around her hand lit up in action. A moment later and the wall opened into a seamless door with a brief hiss of alleviated pressure.

"Welcome to my office," Astral spoke casually as she waved him in once Snow had made her way through and run off. Stepping through, Pipes would realize immediately just how much space had been dug out to make room for this facility. The sheer size and open area of the place would put even the Batcave to shame and every square inch of the walls were covered in all manner of screens and buttons, many showing computer screens or news feeds from around the world. The area was buzzing with activity from all directions as people monitored everything closely while scientists of all sorts walked briskly to and fro from their near limitless experiments.

It was a few moments after Pipes had been allowed to take in the full scale of his surroundings that they were approached by a young, pink-haired researcher. It would be difficult to tell that was her title, however, considering that she failed to wear the traditional white labcoat that so many others donned. She, instead, chose to wear a bunny themed hoodie, the ears standing tall with only a slight droop to them as she faced the two new arrivals to the area. She was followed closely by what was almost a mechanical skirting of sorts that hovered off the ground and created a semi-circle around her body from behind, carrying all manner of mechanical implements for various tasks.

"Cheers!" she greeted jovially without removing her hands from her pockets. "You must be our aspiring mob boss that my own boss here has been talking up! Ready to get started then?"
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrax Mon May 16, 2016 12:54 pm

"How many more secret layers are their to this place...don't worry I know, classified" Pipes joked as he continued forward in to the room with all the scientists. Everything about this place was hushed, and clearly the government had spent more on this place than the entire Parks and Recreation apartment last year. This was some serious stuff here, and Pipes was wondering how much deeper this rabbit hole could go.

Of course, the deeper pockets that Astral had, the more power she'd be able to offer Pipes. Nothing had changed, this situation was still the right play. Rising tides lifted all ships after all, everyone would gain from this arrangement...minus a few soon-to-be former mob bosses.

"I see you have already been talking about me, how sweet of you to talk me up to all your friends" Pipes says before nodding his head. "Nice to meet you. And I supposed I'm ready as I can be...what's the plan doc?"

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Wed May 18, 2016 2:43 am

"Please," the pink-haired scientist started insistently, "call me Down Pipe or any pet name therein, but don't call me doc, yeah?" She grinned cheerily to let him know that there was no hard feelings... so long as he didn't keep calling her doc. "As for talking you up, all I really know is that you're an aspiring criminal big shot, you're real good at making people Hulk out and you were on your way here ...also now you're here." Astral remained silent through this exchange, but when their eyes met it was very clear that she'd like to get things moving along rather than wasting time speaking about specifics.

"Right!" Pipe chirped quickly as she hopped to attention. "This way then!" And she'd wave them along, taking the lead at nearly a jog as Astral strode confidently beside ...Warmonger.

They'd make their way through the large open space till finally things began to be sectioned out and they made their way through tighter corridors with rooms on either side. Most were metal with windows that looked outside, but two were made entirely of glass and one was occupied with a young teen girl watching them with her hands and face to the wall. Pipe made it her obvious business to not pay the little girl any mind, looking straight ahead as they moved past.

If Mister Pipes glanced her way, he'd find that the girl's cold stare would lock on to his like a magnet. She carried a bulky machine on her back that looked to be constructed of aged copper or brass and looked entirely too heavy for one of her frail frame to actually heft about ...and yet she managed. It constantly hummed and shuddered with life and was connected to a rebreather that covered her entire mouth and nose. Even through the glass her heavy breathing could be heard. The machine was doing her breathing for her.

So long as it wasn't brought up, neither Astral or Pipe would make mention of it until they reached the single open door.

"Step inside, please. This is where we'll be conducting our first test. All the way into the back room." The first room was obviously an observation chamber given the two way glass leading into two rooms. In one spacious room, with the door already closed and locked, were three rough looking men in prison orange. All three appeared bored, seated in chairs as if they'd been waiting there for ages. They weren't even speaking amongst each other at this point. The other room's door was opened and waiting for Pipes. This room would have it's own two-way glass so that he could look into the room and see them, but they couldn't see him. "We probably don't need to tell you what we expect you to do, right?"
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrax Thu May 19, 2016 2:58 pm

Pipes just walked with everyone. "Very well, I'll have to call you Down since our names are so similar" he said with a smile. He observed the halls and noticed the girl in particular as she stared back at him. His eyes narrowed as he saw the curious state of the girl and what was happening to her. Well now that was...interesting. Apparently powers were able to be displayed in numerous ways, he just couldn't help but wonder what she did.

Still, a question for another time.

"No I think this is rather straight forward" Pipes said as he walked in to the room and saw the three convicts. Any idiot could figure out that they wanted a demonstration. Pipes just placed his hands in his pocket and walked to the glass, starting to call upon his power. It took a few moments for anything to start happening. "You're standing too close to me!" one of the prisoners shouted before shoving another. The two took to exchanging blows, one pinning the other and starting to slam his fists in to the other man's skull.

The third man leaped on to the back of the second man, quickly using his fingers to dig and claw in to the man's eyes. The man screamed as blood pooled down his face. The man on the ground pushed his way back up, kicking both men away before stomping on the now blind man's neck, causing a loud crack to be heard in the room. He then turned to the third man, the smallest one in nature. Without any hesitation he gripped the man before slamming him head first in to the ground, also snapping his neck. Even once both men were dead, the living one still beat and kicked at their corpses, the rage still coursing through his veins.

"Good enough?" Pipes asked casually.

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Thu May 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Once Pipes had stepped into his private chamber, Down Pipe was quick to close and lock the door behind him, not wanting to find herself being affected by the unknown ability as well. There was silence from the observation chamber as events unfolded, neither woman calling in to either room until two of the men were deceased and only one remained alive.

"Thank you..." Astral speakered into Pipes' room once he spoke up to signal the end of his demonstration. "Could you tone it down now, please?"
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrax Thu May 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Pipes just nodded before the power just seemed to stop. The man stopped smashing his fists immediately and started breathing heavily, as if the effort in to killing the two men had only just got caught up to him. "Wh...why did I?" I asked himself as he looked at the two mutilated corpses that he had created. HE knew that he had killed them, he just didn't fully get why.

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Thu May 19, 2016 9:43 pm

As things calmed down and the lone prisoner began acting dazed and confused rather than bloodthirsty and barbaric, Down Pipe took the opportunity to open the door and step inside before quickly closing it behind her. With tablet in hand, she approached the remaining man with the intention of questioning him as to how he was feeling and what just happened, then she'd put a bullet in his brain. Standard procedure.

In the meantime, Astral opened the door so that Pipes could exit since his part was done.

"Excellent display of power," Astral complimented. "Our computers should've got a full reading of what happened and if it's a simple explanation then I'll have the information by the end of the day. Down Pipe appears to be more curious about the effect it has on your intended victims rather than the actual origin of the power, however... so readings will be delayed in the mean time. Would you like a tour of our facility? Perhaps you're feeling a bit hungry? Or if you'd like to simply depart and await our initial readings, if you at all care to know how your new body chemistry ticks, you're welcome to do that as well."
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrax Fri May 20, 2016 5:09 pm

"It's not the most impressive in terms of showing off, but it does have its uses in my line of work. I imagine that it'd be useful for you too" Pipes remarks as he starts to walk out of the room with Astral, hands in his jacket pockets as they travel. He heard her offer about what he'd like to do in the meantime, wondering what would be best for him.

"I am curious about the readings and body chemistry, though I must admit that I have more pressing questions" Pipes remarks as he looks towards Astral. "I've shown a decent amount of faith coming here and playing along. I'm not saying I need immediate results, but I am wondering how you plan to use your power and influence to help me get what I want?"

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Sat May 21, 2016 12:19 am

"Hahaha..." Astral chuckled quietly to herself. "Immediate results on such a thing would be quite impossible, indeed, but your concern is well warranted. I assure you, however, that everything is perfectly well under control. Moving too quickly would be highly suspicious so we'll be moving you up a little at a time with strategic assassinations and buyouts. You'd be amazed just how many people in your organization also take government bribes here and there to turn a blind eye or make a decision that they otherwise wouldn't make. Our only issue has been buying out the top spot."
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrax Sat May 21, 2016 2:31 am

"No surprise there, no one gets to the top just to get paid to leave" Pipes admitted as they continued their walk. "The only way to make everyone turn on him is to exploit some form of a weakness. If his lieutenants think he isn't capable anymore, they'll start to reason with me when they realize I can offer them things that he would never consider" he added.

"Like I said, I'm rather patient so I don't expect anything immediate. I was just curious as to the plan. You've explained it well enough, I'm sure I'll just wait to hear from you"

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Mon May 23, 2016 1:41 am

"Everything will be yours in due time," Astral reassured him once more. "Do you have any further questions? If not, my previous offer stands."
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrax Tue May 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Pipes just smiled, nodding his head in agreement with what Astral said. "I could personally use some food, assuming that you actually have decent meals for people that aren't test subjects" he admitted. "Besides, it'd be a good way for us to talk. Are there any questions you have for me...perhaps something you'd like me to do for you?"

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Fri May 27, 2016 2:34 am

"Hm... This isn't just an area for testing. We have many people who practically live down here and only come up for the occasional ray of sunlight when they feel so inclined. I make sure the meals are adequate and varied, though largely simplistic. Our chefs can cook a good hot dog or hamburger or the like, but you'll be laughed out of the kitchen if you ask for chicken parmesan or sushi. ...Just a warning." As she spoke, she waved him along and began the walk toward the laboratory's mess hall.

"There's nothing that I require of you just yet. For now I'd like to simply have you as an asset for future endeavors... unless that's not what you were referring to?" she questioned, uncertain if he was expecting to be given a task to complete right off the bat. Astral preferred to make a habit of getting her ducks in a row well before she sent them to war. It was part of the reason why she'd been given her current position.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrax Fri May 27, 2016 5:22 pm

"I had nothing in mind" Pipes spoke honestly as they continued to walk together. "Do you have a preferred means of us communicating? Or is this a situation where I don't call you, you'll call me?" he asked with a somewhat joking tone, though he did wonder how exactly this was going to work. He wasn't in charge yet, and if people suspected he was working with others they could easily try to remove his head. Power plays had to be strong, but you also needed to be careful when executing them.

"You have quite a colorful display of people down here...everyone here of their free will?" Pipes asked curiously as his memory went back to the girl with the metal contraption around her. Something about her was unnerving, she didn't look happy to be where she was.

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Mon May 30, 2016 9:08 pm

"When appropriate I'll make contact with you. Don't make an attempt to get in contact with me. It's more discrete this way and there'll be no record of our interaction in any traceable form. This is more for your safety and the safety of our mutual partnership than anything else. From this location the only one more omniscient than I is God himself and I don't foresee him saying anything anytime soon. Our secret will remain that way."

"I assume you're hinting at Dust with that comment," Astral changed the subject as he did, casting him a sideways glance. "She tends to give everyone the stinkeye when they walk that hall." Before she could continue they'd arrived at a relatively small peninsula of a room off to the side from the rest. It was set up like a mall food court, but with only one unmarked restaurant that lined one wall. There were goods and prices lined up above where they would be normally if one went to a fast food restaurant to make ordering not such a hassle.

"We pay for our meals to afford the ability to make them more quality than your standard military mess hall I'm sure you've heard about; The places that serve you waste water sludge and call it mashed potatoes. You'll find only quality food here. It keeps morale up. I'll handle your tab, so feel free to try whatever you like." With that, she motioned for him to order as he pleased. There was already a young woman waiting to accept his request.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrax Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:06 pm

"Sure, whatever her name is" Pipes remarked as he thought back to the girl's face. So she just gave everyone that kind of a look huh? Pipes couldn't help but notice that Astral didn't deliberately say that she wasn't being held against her will. Pipes just let it go though, the girl was really of no concern to him.

Pipes looked over the menu before glancing to Astral. "Would you recommend anything in particular? You know this food better than anyone"

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:09 pm

"Hm..." Astral paused in thought for a moment. "I'd say all is of about the same quality. I have no need to order, however. I've fallen in a bit of a rut it seems. They're likely already working on my order in the back. I'd say there's not much you can go wrong with." There was also not much room for experimentation. It was pretty much a family restaurant menu.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrax Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:40 pm

"Suppose I could have larger problems than choosing what to eat, I'll figure it out" Pipes said before ordering an order of burger and fries, touching up the burger with some bacon and avocado as well. He and Astral sat down shortly before beginning to eat. "Not bad...definitely beats what I'd make for myself at my place. I'm more of a takeout guy myself"

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:29 pm

Astral as well was having a burger of some sort with many of the standard fixings, though she didn't bother to explain what it actually was. It certainly wasn't beef, however. It had more of a poultry appearance to it.

"It's a very large step up from your standard takeout restaurant," Astral explained idly once she'd swallowed her first bite of burger. "Everything is prepared within the kitchen. I won't have frozen patties and such. It's disgusting." She scowled at the thought of it. Astral had some very refined tastes, it seemed.

"If you're still curious about the girl, we call her Dust. She's not kept against her will. She understands the consequences of her existence. Her ability is too powerful and unrestrained to let her run rampant. We run the risk of destroying everything in this facility every time we so much as open the door to interact with her. Precautions have to be made. We're working with her to get her power under control to the point where she can be released, but there's a long road ahead of us."
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyrax Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:14 pm

"So what exactly is her power?" Pipes asked curiously as he continues to eat his food. HE couldn't help but wonder what such a power was that it ran the risk of destroying this whole place. Heck, he was wondering if he should try to get out of here now before anything bad happened. It was information that was at least worth knowing.

Nyrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2