Sundered World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Chapter: New Deal

2 posters

Go down

Extra Chapter: New Deal Empty Extra Chapter: New Deal

Post by Marz Thu May 19, 2016 2:04 am

The soft pop of a suppressed sub-sonic round pierced the silence of the night, once, and then again a second time. The soft noise signaled the end of a life as the two rounds impacted dead center chest on the fiend, a pedophile and drug pusher by trade. His killer watched the man's last gasp of life and grabbing at whatever he could get his hands on to try and steady himself though he was already on the floor.

The killer watched intently as his prey quivered and stopped moving as his lungs filled with blood, the holes in his chest wept the crimson life source into a puddle around the peddlers worthless corpse. It was satisfying, and what Valeriya would have wanted, but unlike before, unlike doing this with her, the sense of purpose was gone, the passion had dried up. Now he did this for her memory and to pass the time.

Ethan had already cleaned the man out of every penny he had, the mans personal codes and combination were all information that he had access to, information he'd gleaned thanks to his special pets. A parting gift from his late wife, though it might not have been the case, that was how Ethan chose to see the little shadowy animals. Drug dealers raked in a lot of dough, and there were enough of them around that as soon as you took out one scumbag another would take his place and start filling his own pockets becoming fruit ripe for picking. As soon as he sold to kids he was on the radar. This one was on Mister White's radar for that, but then after he'd places a Familiar on him he realized the man was trading sexual favors from little boys and girls for drugs, some even being traded, exchanged like prostitutes to feed the habits of their parents. It was this kind of person that Valeriya got off killing, the scum. They would always go home and make sweet love after a time like this, but all that was waiting at home for Ethan was a bottle.

Dumping the Makrov 6P9 on the body Ethan turned and left they would only find two 9x18 shell casings whose bullets would be found in the chest cavity of the victim. Another death that nobody cared to investigate. The assassin would need to contact his godfather about getting more 6P9's from the Russian importer.

"Welcome Home Sir!" Came the call of an older gentleman as Ethan pushed open the door to his apartment and stepped inside, he could hear the water running as his manservant did the dishes most likely from all the days cooking he'd done. Walter Green was Ethan's bond-servant a man who had committed his life to making up for what Ethan's better. Walter had practically moved in of his own accord and took care of Ethan while he couldn't take care of himself, when he was so deep in the bottle that he only got up to drink until he passed out.

"Thank You Walter." Ethan responded taking his coat off and revealing the extensive chest rig holding all of his weapons in perfect place. It was custom leather like the kind you couldn't get anywhere outside america.

"While you were out you received a piece of mail Sir." Walter called form the kitchen, "It should be on the hatstand by the door, if you are interested."

Ethan paused for a moment, the postman had already been by. "Who delivered it?" Ethan asked curiously picking up the envelope and holding it up to the light, to check the contents as best he could, and didn't see anything wrong with it.

"A lovely young lady, of few words, with pink hair. She seemed really concerned that you received the letter as soon as possible." The sound of the water shut off and Walter would be able to hear the sound of the envelope being ripped open.

Ethan read the message, it was of few words, it introduced a Miss Black. Cunning. And asked to meet him on the roof of his apartment building as soon as he could. It also mentioned powers, and the fuzzy black creatures in his possession, printed on the paper was a picture of him with such an animal. It was from three jobs ago. Meaning that they'd most likely been following him for the last six or jobs meaning everything he'd done for the last three months was under scrutiny. But there were no threats, or warnings or requests to explain his actions. Only an the request to meet over an Offer.

He was a freelancer after all, and he had the decency to at least hear an offer, before deciding weather or not he would partake.

"I'm going to have a smoke on the roof Walter." The Widower had picked up the bad habit again after his wife had passed on, she'd made him stop before literally at gunpoint. With her gone, it was just another way to close the wound in his heart. Ethan grabbed his jacket and left for the highest point.

Arriving on the roof by stairs Ethan pulled his silver Zippo and a pack of his favorite flavors out and began partaking of them in slow methodical style. "Alright, Miss Black please show yourself." Ethan asked in a slow voice, talking to the darkness all around him, stuffing the ornate lighter back into his pocket and checking his pocket watch in the same motion.

There was a chance this was a trap, but there was a bigger chance this was legit, if they wanted to ambush him, attempting to kill him in his apartment would have been a far better choice.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Extra Chapter: New Deal Empty Re: Extra Chapter: New Deal

Post by Problematic Thu May 19, 2016 2:36 am

As her latest target called out to her to show herself, Astral Black stepped out from her place waiting beside the exit from the stairs, not more than a few feet from her mark. She was wearing the standard trenchcoat she tended to don when meeting new potential partners, keeping her head low and her face covered by the wide brim of her hat. The only features he'd be able to immediately discern from her person were her flowing blue hair and the odd tattoo just above the space of her generous cleavage.

"Greetings, Mister White. Would you care to take first words or should I begin with my offer? I can't imagine you have no questions about why I decided to contact you..." She didn't take a step or move a muscle, remaining statue-still from where she'd stepped out into view. Her only motion was her flowing, wind-blown hair as it waved out behind her in the light breeze born from high altitude.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Thu May 19, 2016 3:05 am

Turning to face his potential employer was only polite as she responded to him, he'd dealt with mysterious types before, most didn't like questions and he was in a business where few questions were asked. "I will reserve my question for later. Please go ahead."

Miss Black had great posture, most likely a very formal education with how she spoke. She was also very well kept her hair was so neat and clean. The only thing that seemed out of place was the tattoo, an odd pattern obviously a symbol for something, but Ethan couldn't place it. She was definitely either the Employer or a very high level go between. He was very curious, the young girl from before was obviously in her employ, meaning that whatever organization she worked for she had some clout within it.

He would play ball if she had an earnest Job. So he would just sit back and listen to every syllable while puffing slowly on his evening cigarette, letting the smoke be the only thing of his that really moved while she laid out her opportunity before him.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Thu May 19, 2016 5:46 pm

"Very good," the woman responded with the subtle hint of a smile, as if complimenting his choice to remain silent for the moment. "I have a job for you-..." she paused momentarily, her smile pulling down into something more thoughtful. "No... That's not quite right. I'd like to hire you. Permanently," she tacked to the end as if in afterthought. "I'd like to use you as a sniper rifle of sorts; a weapon that moves in undetected and wipes out its target in one move."

Finally, she turned her head toward him, though her eyes remained under the brim of her hat. "I expect only the utmost in loyalty. When I point you to a target I expect you to remove them without hesitation and your pay will be well worth the trouble."
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Thu May 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Mister White listened intently slowly smoking away as she explained what she wanted. Essentially an Assassin on Payroll. She seemed a serious customer, so she likely had deep pockets. His rates for exclusivity would seem to be what he'd to charge because of her expectations of absolute loyalty.

"I take it you're familiar with my abilities then, as that sounds like a task suited specifically to them." He let that sink in for a moment. "I'm a top rated assassin. That doesn't come cheap you know. As you want me for an extended period. The Salary starts at Fifty Thousand a Month that covers small job, with big jobs starting at two-hundred thousand. These prices are non-negotiable." His usual on-call jobs started at seventy-five thousand a month, but something about how driven this woman was, maybe even how attractive she was, made Ethan offer a reduced rate.

And then there was something else deep in the heart of the stone cold killer. This could be his chance at a direction in life. If nothing else that was what he craved above all else.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Thu May 19, 2016 10:04 pm

"That's acceptable," Astral nodded quickly. She was already aware that he was giving her a sizeable discount, though she wasn't certain as to why. Perhaps this meeting had simply come to intrigue him enough to throw his hand in without feeling the need to stretch her limits? "I don't mind if you take jobs on the side, but when a call comes from me you'll need to drop what you're doing or you won't receive any payment at all for that month. Is that an acceptable arrangement for you?"
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Fri May 20, 2016 12:34 pm

"If I'm on your payroll I wouldn't have it any other way." Mister White responded. "If you don't mind my asking, what kind of organisation do you run?" He was always one to ask questions cautiously, he was also phishing for information, if she was the one in charge and if he would be dealing directly with her or through an intermediary.

Taking a long drag from his cigarette, Mister White dropped his hands to his sides letting the death stick hand out of the corner of his mouth a little red ember to illuminate his face on the dark roof. He was insanely curious about this woman.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Fri May 20, 2016 11:13 pm

"I run a government-associated military organization dedicated to keeping those of special ability in check at all times. I should inform you that not all of your jobs will be kill on sight. I'm well informed that you're more than adequate when it comes to reconnaissance as well, yes?"
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Sat May 21, 2016 12:31 am

"Adequate." Mister White responded. "Adequate enough to know that, you arrived on a SH-60X Shadow-Hawk helicopter. You came with just the pilot, and a woman with pink hair, the one who delivered the letter to my door before I arrived. You've were standing on this roof waiting for my arrival since the delivery." Maybe he was showing off just a little.

He reached out and from the shadows behind Astral strode a creature the size of an alley cat, and jumped into his arms, receiving nice pets and rubs from the warm hands of the cold hearted assassin. It wasn't like any domestic animal or that Astral had ever seen before and watched her with two beady red eyes. "You can rest now." The creature seemed to Yawn opening a pink maw before relaxing and evanescing away.

"Would you like to know what's going on at street level?" He'd practically given away what his power does if she'd been paying attention. And she seemed like a bright woman, so there was a good chance with what she'd seen before and how she'd been watching him that she knew.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Mon May 23, 2016 1:38 am

"Good. You'll be sufficient then." She barely paid the non-animal any mind, nor did she bother to humor the assassin's rhetorical question implying that he knew exactly what was going on far below them. The display was adequate for her needs. His abilities would prove useful soon enough. "Our business is concluded then. Good day." And she'd say nothing more as her helicopter came into view, arriving quickly to pick her up. She removed her hat and slowly raised her eyes to the oncoming vehicle, watching its approach.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Mon May 23, 2016 2:44 am

"A helicopter is too conspicuous around here. Even a stealth Helicopter." Ethan stated bluntly, though you couldn't hear the chopper until it was almost directly overhead. "If you need to contact me, call my cellphone. The one ending in -9666, that's my work phone." He was under the impression she'd be able to look his phone number up, he had about four different phones he used, one for personal business, one for regular clients, one for the Bratva and one for special clients -9666.

"And have a lovely evening Miss Black." With that Ethan turned and started walking toward the stairs down from the roof. He needed to get some sleep he'd had a long day after all.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Tue May 24, 2016 1:49 am

Astral responded to his request to use his cell rather than meeting in person with a quick nod of her head before stepping off the building and onto the helicopter without the need to actually land. She didn't need one of those things of his piggybacking on the outer shell of the chopper if he felt the need to snoop into where her headquarters was.

Even as he was walking away she did one final check before pulling her head into the vehicle and ordering the pilot to return to base.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Tue May 24, 2016 2:10 am

Mister White smiled quietly as he dropped the cigarette he was working on and smothered it into the hard tar of the rooftop. He wasn't one to get into the business with someone without learning their secrets. It was a form of insurance for the lone hit-man. He would be able to counter attack if she double crossed him, however unlikely it was.

The small creature had lept aboard with Astral, however it's shadowy appearance was masked, it was invisible as sort of a shimmer of a faint outline of the creature, that signature being hidden by the main rotor's wash, and snuggling up under one of the seats for the long ride to wherever Astral Black kept her base.

So as Astral focused on the outside, it was already inside and while motionless nearly perfectly invisible.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Fri May 27, 2016 12:46 am

The helicopter made its way out of the city to a remote air force base not far from the outskirts of the area. It wasn't a secret, especially not after the appearance of powered individuals into the mix and so stealth helicopters and such flying about wouldn't be all that surprising to the general population.

She'd touch down on a platform with little incident, straightening her coat as she and Down Pipe exited the vehicle as its rotors wound down. She motioned to the nearest soldier, circling her finger in the air to wordlessly order him to make a full inspection of the vehicle before it was cleared.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Down Pipe questioned doubtfully, frowning a bit as they walked toward the main compound. "You're recruiting some really shady characters recently... and more than a few. Can't we get more good guys on board with us for once?"
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Fri May 27, 2016 1:13 am

A pair of sharply pointed ears perked up as the particular whine of Astral Black's Helicopter came in on final approach, eyes opened their excitement belied a deep primal instinct as they the sleek canine head swiveled back on the rugged body to which it was attached.

The primal thing took off like a shot kicking up the freshly trimmed grass it'd become so fond of, as it tore off in the direction of the Helicopter landing pads. Most of the Enlisted had been introduced to this wicked beast by way of getting knocked over by the massive critter on it's way to something important like food, or Astral or food. However one unlucky Lieutenant whose face was buried in a paper he was catching up on was caught completely unaware by the white glint and knocked end over end winding up shocked and on his face like he'd just been hit by a double-decker bus.

Now this particular beast was Fenrir von Wolfgang. A very wild Alaskan Arctic Wolf, it was smarter than your average canine and found itself stalking Astral when she first arrived. The point to this wasn't his fear of Astral, but fear of retribution from the woman, which could be severe.

However she hadn't brought back a new pack member! That meant he could come out and greet her if he so felt like it. And he did, every time.

The massive beast took to a full sprint seeing Astral clear and charging toward her at full tilt to pounce and lick her in as welcoming a manner as he could. And he could do a lot of pouncing and a LOT of licking!

But it was then that something struck his senses, something not right, only feet from Astral the Massive hound veered off taking off at a full sprint again the hair on the back of his neck raised, giving a low growl. He was onto something! Something wasn't right! What was it!? Fenrir had to know what it was and how it got here!

The spirit animal ducked out of the helicopter when it saw nobody was looking, still invisible and mostly transparent kind of like an outline, it froze for a moment when it saw the massive Canine.

Fenrir's eyes locked onto the spirit animal and confusion set in. It was supposed to be right where he looked so where the hell was it!?!? The white wolf let out a howl, a sign that he was in the final stages of the hunt!

The ploy worked and the creature took off from its hiding place in front of the wheel, it's outline showed up and Fenrir took to chase, but the little creature had nowhere else to hide on the tarmac, it's only defense was to try to bob and weave. Fenrir saw through the ploy and continued in his strait course, pouncing the animal and biting into its neck.

The Spirit animal was surprised! What the hell was this thing! How did it not slow down from the feint? The little shadow creature dropped its cloak and shrieked trying to claw the Wolf that had it dead to rights but didn't dig in yet. It waited for what?

No. What Fenrir waited for was a who. Astral Black to be precise. Fenrir had caught this thing and now Astral would reward him with the belly rubs and treats. The overgrown doggy loved both of those things. However he wouldn't let himself get distracted by the thought of reward, he'd follied like that before in the wild, and Astral was far less forgiving than the wild. So he would keep it in his jaws waiting for Astral's command to either release it or dispatch it.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Fri May 27, 2016 10:39 am

As the large wolf came at her at a full sprint, Astral removed her hat lest she lose it when the canine attempted to bowl her over and assault her face with his tongue. She greeted the hefty animal with open arms and a smile... only to have it turn down as his senses discovered something even more interesting than her return. She instantly knew what it was.

She waited patiently, calming her boiling rage with a few deep breaths while she waited for the inevitable catching of Fenrir's prey. Making her way over once the wolf had the... whatever it was... in his jaws, Astral gave the wolf a quick and approving behind the ear scratch. She was careful not to get the animal too excited as, despite being smarter than the average wild wolf, he could tend toward overexcitement like a hyperactive puppy and it usually didn't end well when he was holding prey. She wanted this one left alive and properly contained.

She strolled casually around till she'd be in the thing's field of view before kneeling down to its level being held by Fenrir as it was.

"I'll assume that you can see and hear this as I'd feel silly speaking to this shadow monstrosity otherwise. Your show of skill and ability is admirable, but don't think that I'm happy about this. Spying on the person who just agreed to write you several very large paychecks not more than twenty minutes ago is bad form, Mr. White. If you're curious about something all you've got to do is ask. All this path will get you is making me very... very angry. Let's not speak like this again... I hate one-sided conversations."

And at that, she raised her hand into the thing's, and thus also Fenrir's, view before closing it into a tight fist, thus bringing a violent end to her message to her newest employee.

"See," Down Pipe spoke up with an exasperated sigh. "He's a shady guy. Should we really trust him after he tried to pull that crap? What if that thing followed you into the bathroom? ...What if that thing followed me into the bathroom?! Damnit... now I'm gonna have to check every crevice and corner every time I have to pee..."
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Fri May 27, 2016 12:30 pm

The beast practically jumped out of his skin when Astral scratched him behind the ears. Oh that felt so good. However he didn't let go as the little shadowy creature sensing his moment of weakness struggled, only to have Fenrir's teeth clamp even tighter around it's little neck.

Astral spoke in harsh tones, but not to the wolf but to his prey, why would she speak to it like that, it was like she was speaking to another two-legged person than either Fenrir or his prey. And then she gave him the signal, he would carry it out instantly, maybe it was training and maybe it was just the dam busting on his primal instinct to eat something smaller than him. Either way the Massive wolf put a foot down on the animal as it squeaked realizing what was going to happen, before the beast tore it to shadowy shreds which quickly dissipated, leaving Fenrir shocked and sniffing the ground to find out where the remains of the animal had gotten to. It smelled like the shadowy beast wasn't even here in the first place. If that made any sense at all, which at the time he'd thought it made sense to Fenrir but as he pondered on it for a moment it made a lot less.

Oh well. Astral was back and so was Down. Time to let them both know how much he missed them. Just like that the situation was dropped and the white haired beast tackled the light blue haired woman and began licking her face to let her know that he was overjoyed at her return. And that she had been gone far too long, and that he had missed her and that he was glad she was back.

Down Pipe wouldn't receive any less a greeting as the wolf moved to pounce upon her and lick her face with all the veracity that he'd given to Astral Black, though he'd only recently begun interacting more with Down Pipe she was no less welcome to the pack than anyone else on base. Stepping off the pink haired woman Fenrir wagged his tail violently simply wanting to follow be with Astral and Pipe for the rest of the evening.

Ethan was awoken by a squeak of uneasiness. It's source was a certain Familiar that he'd sent to spy on Astral Black "Don't you have somewhere to be?" Ethan joked with the little cat-like creature. It mewled back obviously, at least to him, untaken with the comment.

The creature began to communicate it's ordeal and the message Astral wanted delivered back to him. It seemed more upset than anything at what had transpired and about being ripped asunder by the wolf before dissipating and returning to Ethan through the void.

"Lets be glad she thought it was simple curosity, and didn't actually see through the ploy to dig up dirt on her." Ethan said sitting up in bed and pulling the creature into his arms. "Ya know, you're usually more stealthy than to be caught by a mere guard dog. Most bark at you sensing somethings wrong, but they don't actually know you exist. Must have been a well trained animal. Maybe it was a more experienced hunting dog?" Ethan postulated, about the fate of his Familiar. "Well the good news is that she wasn't trying to back out of our contract this early, that Miss Black is a smart woman. I'm going to have to be more careful in dealing with her in the future."
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down