Sundered World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Chapter: Footprints in Fresh Snow

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Extra Chapter: Footprints in Fresh Snow - Page 2 Empty Re: Extra Chapter: Footprints in Fresh Snow

Post by Problematic Wed May 18, 2016 12:05 am

"You would be correct on that," Astral answered with a subtle nod. "I answer directly to the United States government. So far as most people on earth are concerned, we're simply a branch of the military that doesn't exist... like the Men in Black... if you buy into that. As for your assumption that I don't know who you are, as if Youtube and an extensive file about your stay in the military don't exist, you're very incorrect. You are one Wulf, Roy. Cutting out all the unimportant things, you joined the military, were sent abroad and became the singular survivor in a battle in Karaboget. I didn't see any marks on your record so your stay with us must have been quite good before you chose to depart. Now you're an internet personality who focuses on athletic movement over terrain as well as swordsmanship. And now come to find out you can apparently create metallic weapons that form from your own body and you've managed to keep it hidden from your own government for an unknown amount of time... and we don't really believe in personal space, I must say. I'd wager you're exactly the sort of person I'm looking for, no?"

Snow gave him a quick slap on the back. It wasn't hard enough to be painful or rough enough to be too chummy, but just enough to let him know that she was there to support him. The other woman in the room, in the meantime, sat back and waited for whatever Roy's decision might be on this matter.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Extra Chapter: Footprints in Fresh Snow - Page 2 Empty Re: Extra Chapter: Footprints in Fresh Snow

Post by Marz Wed May 18, 2016 12:39 am

Genuinely impressed Roy smiled and sat back as the woman in black gave his service, synopsis. "You forgot that I took America City High to the Nationals, twice, my Senior Year." He gave the addendum playfully with a shit eating grin.

Really it was all to push the painful images from his mind, he'd discussed the event in length with everyone from NSA spooks to psychiatrists, and still mention of that place made his heart sink. Though she already knew, that took a load off of him explaining it.

"The Quicksilver only started a few months ago," Roy held up a hand, producing a small puddle of quicksilver his eyes locked onto the woman sitting next to Astral, and the silvery ooze slowly took her shape, forming a statuette in the image of the girl as she sat there, as moments passed it became more and more detailed. When it got as detailed as he could get it, he tossed the little figurine to the woman in black. If she examined it she would note it's near exact similarity with the real thing besides size and color.

"And if that's not enough, you could say that yeah I'm exactly the man you're looking for. But my DD-214 and cushy management job say otherwise." Roy was done being a soldier, but not making a difference, that's why he'd agreed to be a manager, to help as many people as he could.

Now mister Wulf was just looking to sweeten the pot. He wasn't looking for money or a favor to call at his leisure, he was looking for position, the ability to say "Yes" and "No" something he'd gotten used to in the civilian world. The blue haired woman's description clued him to the fact that others she'd already recruited had little to no military or combat experience.

Speaking of which...

"And I know Miss White Snow, but both of you, have me at a disadvantage." Roy pointed over his shoulder with his thumb.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Wed May 18, 2016 11:56 pm

Astral was quick, reflexively catching the statuette he'd created to carefully examine the metallic work of art.

"I see... So you can separate it from your being as well. How long can something you've created maintain its form?" She glanced up at him with dark eyes. "And don't think a military background makes you some sort of special snowflake. I'm not kissing your feet and begging for your assistance in this matter. I'm giving you the opportunity to join a top secret organization to protect the entire country, if not the entire planet from an oncoming threat. If you think I'm going to suck up to you with some sort of management position to sweeten the pot you're sorely mistaken. You'd have to prove yourself more combat and management ready than Snow White and I'm afraid, at your expense, that that's quite impossible."

Snow took this point to put in her own input obviously not feeling modest at the moment, especially not after being complimented so openly by her normally ice cold boss. If Roy happened to chance a glance in her direction she'd offer a bit of a grin and an exaggerated shrug.

"As for who we are. You can call me Astral Black. The woman you just chose to make an idol of is Down Pipe. Everyone in this room possesses a unique and unusual talent that can help or hinder humanity and each of us possess the choice of which path to take." At that, she tossed the statuette she'd been holding back to Roy. "I run this organization and make the calls, but at this point the ball is in your court."
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Thu May 19, 2016 12:48 am

With a wave of his hand, as though he was batting the figurine out of the air did Roy recycle the metal back into himself. "Indefinitely as far as I know. Only recently I discovered I could absorb quicksilver, so I had a pile of the stuff in my garage for nearly a month." He'd actually spend an entire weekend producing different objects to test his limits discarding the metal as he went tossing it aside and leaving the entire pile in his garage for nearly a week untouched before adding to it the next weekend... repeated four weeks worth of metallic objects of many shapes and sizes. Only after he slipped, tripped and fell into the pile, which had some insanely sharp objects in it, did he realize he could absorb Quicksilver again.

"You do make the calls, and you do select the team leaders. I still have my reservations, I have actual combat experience, on top of intensive, expansive and specialized training I doubt anyone in this room has that: Hand wave me, okey-doke me or ignore me, and I'm out. I served as boots on the ground, doing whatever I was told, I left that life for a few damn good reasons." Roy glanced back over to his Katy-Perry Playing pal and gave her a playful wink, though he didn't know if he could seriously take orders from her, time would be able to tell.

"Astral Black, you're going to have to be a lot more clear on this whole vague threat you keep mentioning if you want my full and undivided support. And you're gonna have to prove to me that you can combat this mysterious threat as well. I'm not jumping into some suicide mission at the bottom levels."
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Thu May 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Roy's comment about his credentials and his assumption that no one else in the room, including herself, could match them made Astral laugh hard enough that her body shook with the fit of chuckles.

"Ahhh..." she sighed wistfully, a finger coming up to wipe a tear from her eye. "If nothing else, you've got a sense of humor. I can appreciate that. As for not wanting to be boots on the ground, what makes you think that any of us haven't or won't see any time in combat? You don't make a difference in the world by signing papers; sending others to die for your cause. It's the people down in the trenches with blood on their hands and mud on their boots that decide which side wins a fight."

"Our enemy is yet unknown," Astral sat back in her chair a bit after leaning forward a touch with her hard laugh, her fingers steepling in her lap. "What is known is that they'll be targeting our kind with intent to kill and without the capacity for mercy or compassion. You don't have a choice in whether you fight them. Your only choice is if you fight them alone or with a team of fully capable individuals at your side. Whether said enemy is actually defeatable is something that not even I can answer with one hundred percent certainty, but it certainly seems a great deal more productive to take a stand and prepare our defenses than to slit our own throats by pretending that we'll be safe."
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Thu May 19, 2016 6:15 pm

Roy wasn't taken by Astral Black platitudes, having stared into that specific abyss. She sounded more like an administrator or politician with neatly packaged words. Her demeanor made it harder to tell weather or not she'd seen combat, he'd be trying to lock gazes with her, the soul never lied about that particular trauma. "Last time I checked the president put a moratorium on women in front-line combat or special operations units. So if you've seen combat it was with a PMC, and they only get the cushy jobs."

The fact she almost sounded eager to engage an enemy she knew almost nothing about made him grimace. Then again, since she couldn't verify who or what the enemy was going to be Astral wanted to shore up peoples defenses against it. There was safety in numbers. That was smart and he couldn't argue with it.

"Alright I'm in." It didn't take him long to realize which way the wind was blowing. "I still have reservations. But you seem like a well motivated, well connected person. I doubt the next offer, if there is one will be so well constructed. I figure I'll throw my lot in with you." Roy paused to let the answer Astral wanted to hear sink in. "When do I get the grand tour?"
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Thu May 19, 2016 8:00 pm

"I have my ways. I wouldn't have taken and kept the position I now hold if I thought myself incapable of holding my own in a combat situation. I'll be just as deep in the thick of things as the rest of you and I wouldn't have it any other way."

He'd find catching her glance quite impossible as she kept her eyes concealed by the brim of her hat the entire time they spoke, never lifting her head high enough for her eyes to be seen.

"Excellent," she answered his agreement to join her cause, bringing herself to a stand. "We can depart immediately or, if you'd like, you can remain and partake in the rest of Snow White's concert before we leave. I've never been partial to her odd musical talent, so leaving beforehand would be in my interest, but likely not your own."
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Thu May 19, 2016 8:57 pm

Roy smiled when she explained how she could hold her own in combat. There were a lot of places that someone could learn to fight, or be in a fight if not by choice. Still if she was the one to Charge in at the front with everyone else then that was enough for him.

Roy stood with Astral holding out his hand to shake. They had just come to an agreement. "I'd prefer to stay for the show, I came with my friends and I need to explain the situation to them as well. They're completely in the dark about my powers. Plus Snow's musical style has grown on me, especially during the live showing." Roy's explanation had merit, thankfully he hadn't been the one to drive them here. "Besides as a once great showman said, The show must go on. Shouldn't it?"
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Fri May 20, 2016 11:06 pm

"Very well," Astral responded with a quick nod. "I believe the cleanup should be finished by now. The show must go on and I believe the crowd will enjoy a little show of acrobatics and parkour during the music... no?" She turned from addressing Roy to look in Down Pipe's direction with a small grin. It would be the only time during this conversation that Roy would see her eyes as she lifted her head so the two could meet eye to eye.

"Yeah!" the other woman responded in the enthusiastic affirmative. "Don't you worry! I got this!"

And at that, Snow would rise from her seat, taking hold of Roy's hand in hers to lead him out the door with Pipe not far behind. They'd find Roy's friends before going back out on stage, but after that she'd already claimed ownership of him.

"You're about to earn yourself a lot more subs, Mr. Wulf!" Pipe chirped rather cheekily from her place at the rear. She'd already changed her clothes and donned a pair of glasses, hiding her hair in her bunny hoodie so she wouldn't be so easily recognized by the crowd.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Fri May 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Roy was just swept along with the flow of things at first unaware of what was being asked of him. Then it clicked his mind, he was going to be up on stage with DJ White Snow and Down Pipe apparently. Wait, what? What exactly did she have.

"Acrobatics?" Roy started going over moves in his mind, the set ups required, luckily he'd chosen to eat a light meal today cause he'd be working up a sweat, going to bed tired and hungry.

"What's the plan then." The acrobat asked his cohorts. He really preferred to have a routine, his longest acrobatics video was only about ten minutes and now he would be spending at least three times that long on stage jumping around pushing his body to it's limit.

But this wasn't something that he feared it was something that he relished, a challenge something to truly test himself. An unconscious grin pulled at his lips Roy was gonna love this.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Mon May 23, 2016 1:32 am

"We improvise," Down Pipe replied. Apparently she'd made some sort of plan with Snow despite no words having ever been shared. "But first, don't you have some friends you need to explain this to or something? We should let you take care of that first, I think. Just make sure they know we're on a schedule... alright?" And at that she cast him a quick, encouraging smile. "You're gonna know what it's like to be a real star!"
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Mon May 23, 2016 2:24 am

There was a quick to nod at Down Pipe as she confirmed that they would be doing improvisation. Roy couldn't help but go through different routines and moves in his mind before Down quickly reminded him about his friends, he needed to get them on board with what they were doing, he'd not really had time to think up a fitting lie to tell them.

With that thought however Annette and Jacques rounded the corner and called to their now more famous acrobat friend. What exactly was he going to tell them? He'd been recruited to a special team of powered individuals to protect and police such individuals? No way in hell.

"That was amazing!" Annette called out running up to Roy and grasping his hands both and jumping up and down like a child. "Where'd you hid the sword?"

"That was a wonderful leap my friend." Jacques praised, patting Roy on the shoulder. "You seem to be rather lost in thought friend. What is going on?"

"I... uh..." Roy looked at White Snow and Down Pipe before forming a response. "I'm going on stage with White Snow. I hope your outfit holds." Roy responded moving the conversation off of his weapon to the outfit she'd made specifically for him. "There are going to be some adjustments I'll need you to make later, maybe a whole other version."

"Is this going to become a thing?" Annette asked. She made it simple for Roy.

"Yes, I'm going to be doing regular stage performances with DJ White Snow." Roy responded, but before he could get too far Annette's attention was quickly grabbed.

"Hey..." Annette interrupted taking a closer look at Down Pipe. "You look familiar." Considering she'd grabbed Down's arm earlier there was a moment of recognition followed by dismissal. "You work with DJ White Snow a lot?"

"Yeah Down Pipe is going to be working with the DJ a lot more in the future just like me." Roy answered for Down Pipe, and patted both Jacques and Annette on the shoulder, "Well we got to get up there. You guys enjoy the show. I'll need to stay after the close so go ahead and head home without me."

Annette was successfully distracted enough by Roy's ploys, she raised a hand and cheered for her friend. "Break a leg Roy!" She was just too distracted that her friend was going to perform with her favorite musician.

Jacques crossed his arms not completely fooled by Roy's doublespeak. His attention of course wasn't as clouded by fanboyism as his female counterpart. He simply nodded at Roy's direction to take Annette home after the show, and hopefully the earlier video of Roy would be posted by Wilson then.

Roy was quick to get moving toward the stage. That wasn't so bad, though he had a feeling that once enthusiasm of tonight wore off Annette was going to see through his story like a glass figurine.

"Down, are you going to be on stage too?" Roy asked thoughtfully, he wasn't sure why she was along after all she hand't been on stage before, but he did't know if she hadn't been at other smaller showings.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Tue May 24, 2016 1:44 am

When Roy looked back to Snow and Pipe, as if looking for a response, the two girls merely shrugged in perfect unison, leaving Roy to come up with his own answers. The two remained silent and simply stood aside to let the friends do their talking till Annette mentioned how familiar the newest addition to their gathering appeared. Down Pipe merely laughed it off while Roy answered for her. She probably could've handled it a lot more smoothly, but whatever! Once they'd split off into two parties once again, Down looked to him doubtfully.

"I'm coming on for a powers display. You're going to be using your acrobatics and your powers. I assume you didn't realize that before you just continued hiding your dirty little secret to your friends." She sighed in exasperation. "I'm going to be constructing a special set for you that should keep you occupied a lot longer than what you're likely used to and you're going to have to use your powers to get by some of it. Or... you know, just look like a buffoon as you reach parts that are difficult. Suit yourself!"

Quickly, Snow, who had been walking behind them, furiously tapped the both of them on the shoulder only a few feet from entering the view of the crowd. Once she was certain she had the attention of the both of them she was quick to motion toward Roy and then toward herself with a questioning expression.

"Aha..." Pipe responded thoughtfully. "Do you want to go first or do you want to let her? I'd suggest going first, because she'll be a tough act to follow, especially if you're hellbent on keeping that T-1000 stuff a secret."
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Tue May 24, 2016 2:30 am

Roy shook his head at Down's assumption. "That's a very long discussion, and we have little time before the crowd starts to riot. That and my new employer seems to want this on a neat and tidy time schedule." He crossed his arms and looked from Snow to Pipe again if she had some kind of input. When she mentioned that she would be constructing a stage for him, that made Roy all the more excited at the prospect of a challenge. He thought he might have to jump around on stage looking like a rabid monkey doing all of his acrobatics flat footed. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

"No the Djinn is already out of the bottle, no sense in holding back and making for a bad act." Roy countered, he was a showman after all. Down seemed to be seriously under estimating the acrobat's abilities and improvisational skills for someone whose Molotov was intercepted by a flying melee attack.

It was obvious that this was going to be the first test of his abilities under Astral Black's command.

When Snow tapped his shoulder Roy watched for a moment getting what she was trying to communicate moments before Pipe spelled it out for him. "Yeah I'll go first and warm up for You. Get the crowd's blood flowing again. Sometimes it's harder being a warm-up act than it is being the main show, because people don't know what to expect from you, and you have to clue them into just how awesome you are without overshadowing the main event." He was of course becoming more playful during the end even giving Snow a rambunctious grin.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Fri May 27, 2016 1:11 am

"Well, that's good. I'm not holding back so neither should you," Pipe responded to his reassurance that he wasn't going to continue hiding what he was actually capable of. Once he responded that he'd warm the crowd up, Pipe was quick to nod and start heading toward the stage alone. The crowd needed to know what was going on before they freaked out at such a different show... especially when she started flexing her muscles a bit. Snow announced her presence on stage with a quick little drum solo that she held and continued in a loop so the poor woman wasn't just standing on stage alone with no sort of beat to go along with it that meant that Snow was coming back out.

"We apologize for the delay, everyone, but we've got the show back on track and we've even included some extra players for your enjoyment! Instead of just music, we're going to give you a show that defies belief and reality where those of us with special talents are able to really show what we're capable of! Don't be alarmed! We're highly trained professionals! Hahaha!" She got a good laugh out of that, Snow pushing Roy along as they both made their way onto the stage and Snow cued up the rest of her tune. "I'm the White Rabbit and it's time to take a trip to Wonderland!"

Pipe's body tensed, obvious even through her clothing, as she went into a deep concentration while Snow bounced around on stage to the song, waving her arms up and about in an attempt to psych the crowd while her friend did her work and Roy was left to his own devices. Behind them, the stage began to suddenly and violently disassemble itself, though it was soundless as Snow also concentrated on dampering the sound of the stage tearing itself to shreds. Weightlessly, as if the earth's gravity simply had no effect on it, the metal and lights would begin to assembe themselves along a pathway a few feet over the crowd. Of course it wouldn't be a simple path to run, but a series of complicated obstacles that zigzagged over the area to test everything that Roy had ever learned during his time as a parkour specialist. It wouldn't take long with Down Pipe's practiced skills before the background area had transformed itself into a fully illuminated and mechanically levitating gauntlet to be run by someone roughly of Roy's skill level and special talent.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Fri May 27, 2016 2:14 am

Roy started stretching as Snow lead him toward the stage, making sure to get his legs good, as well as his back, they would be really important if Pipe was able to back up her claim. He would need everything to be loose and ready, he'd already done all his warm ups earlier but that was a few hours ago, so all he needed was a little upkeep to keep himself limber.

When he made it up to the stage he squinted in the lights and quickly found his character, he didn't bother with the audience. He knew where the camera's were, all he needed to remember was the direction of the fourth wall.

It only took a beat for Roy to get his bearings and the surface he was on, the stage was actually quite grip-y, which meant he could do whatever he wanted without worrying about slipping and falling on his face. He bounced with Snow bouncing to the beat as she did, he'd keep himself in rhythm with her. But he quickly deviated doing a walkover to gain some distance from her, his body still moving with the music.

After the walkover he cut into a side-salto, going completely inverted with his legs passing over him in the air, landing and raising his hands up toward the crowd, with Snow, doing his best to mirror her moves, trying to psyche the crowd up some people didn't know who he was, but many did, and many didn't argue that they were getting a live performance of something they'd only seen on Youtube.

Roy took another moment to do a dive roll with a twist towards where he thought Pipe would be having him start. It seemed that she had an idea as to the limits of human ability. Most normal people would look at the course she put together and deem it impossible.

However the acrobat wouldn't wait for the go ahead from Pipe making a springboard a piece already in the air, full turn as he hit his first handhold over the audience, kicking his feet and swinging under the large obstacle, hooking his legs and waving to the people below in the front row as he took another single hand hold and kicked forward hooking a leg and a hand atop the rotating gear shaped platform.

Roy bounded from, completely skipping a lower platform that inverted itself every few seconds. It was obvious he wasn't going to make it. The crowd saw it and gasped in unison! He was going to fall nearly forty feet!

A flash of silver and Roy's hand held a whip, the silvery bullwhip latched onto a ladder like pieces and Roy Swung completely under kicking his legs as hard as he could sending him into the air as he recalled the whip in the air, the acrobat waited inverted in the air for the right moment kicking his feet back and landing with a somersault right atop the ladder shaped obstacle, throwing his hands into the air for a loud cheer from the crowd.

He wasn't done yet, the parkour master turned and gripped the ladder sliding part way down before dinging in with his toes and back flipping off the ladder to the next machine Landing atop the first of three spinning cylinders, before diving down into the next one, and rolling backwards on it before pushing off with his hands and landing on his feet on the last one.

And that would be when the next part of the journey made its presence known, several gears running in all different directions with long bar like intermingled teeth met Roy, giving him ample hand holds, but soon, as he moved into the mess he realized that he may get caught, and as soon as one of the pieces caught him, his act would be over. It was like a metal mouse trap.

Now would be the time that his power came in really handy. He needed to free himself without showering the crowd with heavy debris. So Roy practiced a move he'd not before, He used one of the upward moving gears as a springboard and went inverted, drawing two double swords and spinning as he came back around to upright. The keen weapons slice through every little piece of construction material they touched, cleaving all of the cogs into pieces no bigger than a cellphone, raining down on the running path before falling the last few feet into the crowd, who were quick to move out of the path of the minor falling debris anyways.

Fouling up, Roy's landing however could have been more perfect, he bounced off the side of his landing zone a cube that, catching the side with one of the double swords, before bringing his feet up to free the double sword and send Roy flying toward another cylinder, this one vertical vertical with handhold dotted in it, as it slowly spun.

Roy dismissed both double swords and instead went with a scythe, catching the rounded surface, but not hanging, taking up to slicing around the thing, his feet running as though he was moving along on its outer face pulling the scythe behind him slicing it as he went down, his eyes looking for his next route.

A cable running over the crowd caught the Acrobat's eye, he dove from the now half spiral'd cylinder to catch this wire with a cross wire of his own, sparks flying as he zip lined back toward the stage releasing and falling backwards off and forming a sword as he fell into a perfect three point landing, holding his sword behind him, with a massive thud right at center stage.

Spinning to his feet Mister Mercury raised his sword which shown of the most perfect silver in the center stage light, up in victory over the aerial obstacle course, not having bothered to run along its walkway. The crowd hushed for a moment upon the landing suddenly freaked with the victory pose, for a moment even DJ White Snow's music was drowned out by the sound. They were warm enough that even a water-bottle flip follow-up act would send them home with fond memories of tonight.

Glistening from exertion sweat and, though not visible, Roy shook, partly from the exertion and party from the excitement that he'd just conquered a course that would have sent even the Next Ninja Warrior home crying.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Fri May 27, 2016 12:10 pm

As Roy got straight to his little show without even being prompted to begin, Snow changed the music to something a little more fitting for his fast, acrobatic stunts on the technogauntlet.

While he put on a show for the crowd doing what he did so well, Snow as well as Down Pipe put on their own performances, both of the women dancing erratically to the wild beat. Though this wasn't a normal thing for Pipe to do, she was smiling wide and quite enjoying the attention and cheers of the crowd, even if they weren't for her.

Once Roy reached the end of her obstacle course, both women gave him a good round of applause.

"Roy Wulf, everybody!" Pipe shouted over the roar of the crowd once again with Snow's assistance. "Where can they find you at, Roytoy?! Give yourself a little plug! You've earned it with that!"
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Fri May 27, 2016 11:08 pm

Roy reabsorbed the sword that he held aloft and slowly dusted his hands, though mostly he patted the sweat that was on them, before raising his hands again to the crowd at again revealing his open palms.

With Snow's introduction Roy bowed fancifully, before stepping forward, he figured that Snow's ability would amplify his sound "I'm Roy! Find me on Facebook and Youtube at, House of Flying Swords to see more of what you just watched here! If you like it be sure to subscribe!" It was a shameless plug, but not unlike what he did at the beginning and end of his videos.

"Now Chicks and Dudes! It is my absolute pleasure to present to you DJ White Snow! GIVE! IT! UP!" He ordered doing another side-salto ending up right next to Snow and motioning to her, all of her, right there on stage with him.

And the crowd collectively lost their shit in a big way.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:55 am

At Roy's little reminder that she was still totally there and onstage, Snow bounced again and punched a fist into the air, getting the crowd to cheering again before looking to Pipe and spinning her finger in the air with a meaningful look.

The other woman's expression became deadly serious as she responded with a nod. "Live fire it is..." she muttered well under the roar of the crowd. Snow started up a new song, keeping the crowd up and going with song and dance alike while Down Pipe concentrated on rearranging the stage that Roy had just run on. It was very quickly obvious that the girl wasn't fooling around this time as formerly innocent pitfalls became easily deadly, most of the area featuring spikes or other invisible traps along with several hovering drones that appeared to be sporting futuristic rifles of some sort. By the time the course was complete, it looked nothing like the one that Roy had just finished running.

Without a moment's hesitation and without an ounce of fear in her expression, Snow lined herself up at the start of the course, looking like a runner prepared to sprint. She'd start her new choice of tune right as she took off at full speed. Only about a meter in, she leapt into a furious series of flips, going end over end as the floor erupted with a series of spears jutting up from the course beneath.

She skidded sharply at the first corner, only barely remaining on the course before bursting forward with unnatural speed. The drones were incapable of keeping up with her superhuman dash, firing a few inches behind her as she rushed by only to burst into a fit of sudden explosions and disassemble in midair. She flipped stylishly off of a long jump, catching a good amount of air before beginning to come down... right onto a bed of spikes as it jutted up from the ground. Obviously Pipe had been prepared for just such a maneuver from her friend.

To counter the tricky move, Snow was quick to double jump in the air only a second before she would've landed to be impaled on the spikes, the thick metallic death stalactites bending forcefully beneath the power of her sudden eruption of force. With another stylish flip in the air, Snow landed back on her feet unharmed.

Unfortunately for her, she landed straight in the path of a massive hovering cannon, only barely raising her hands to block the blast before it went off. It threw her far off the raised course, the DJ only recovering from the concussive force of the blast once she was more than a few meters out and over empty air with the crowd below. The momentum of the blast was still carrying her outward and she needed to act quickly and decisively. A moment later, she stopped in midair as if she'd hit a wall with her feet, dashing forward across the invisible wall of force. The cannon was quick to find itself in the same predicament as the drones before it and with little effort, Snow leapt her way back and onto the platform to continue running the death trap.

It only appeared to continue on and on with each trap testing Snow's abilities more and more. All the while she continued the music, it and her run ending simultaneously as she reached the end with a chipper smile and a lazy salute to Roy and the camera that followed her all along the way. Though she made an effort not to appear winded by the display, her chest heaved with heavy breaths as the death defying run caught up to her.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:27 am

When Snow took off towards her particular death race, Roy waved her off, jumping around only for a few moments making his way over to Down pipe and conserving his energy. Of course all eyes were on DJ White Snow as she rode through the course and trashed the many flying enemies and traps, bypassed barricades and breached the bastions of each stage that Down Pipe had set up for her.

Being someone with powers, Roy hadn't really doubted the breadth of her prowess with her powers. Her power to manipulate sound, which was a synchronized vibration moving through the air was more versatile than he'd originally given her credit for as well. But even on this dangerous course it didn't answer his questions about her ability to lead troops into a fight, and remain cool in the face if imminent overwhelming mortal danger. Aerial Drones and sentry canons weren't enemies to be feared, just obstacles to be overcome.

Roy was still impressed. His reservations were still there but they were diluted by the showing of her powers she'd given.

As Snow landed Roy danced his way up to her stopping sharply to give her a proper salute going so far as to click his heels together in about what was the flashiest salute ever given on stage.

"Very nice." The acrobat complemented his new superior, however temporary the position may have been, the admiration for her skill and talent was still very much there.

Roy stepped past Snow and raised his hands to the crowd "Give it up ONE! MORE! TIME!" He shouted, raising his hands up and jumping up and down urging the crowd on. They of course needed very little prodding. There would be a lot of sore throats and lost voices after tonight.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:14 am

At that, Snow raised both hands into the air and played to the crowd a bit as she chose another song, this time based loosely off of Roy's repeated choice of words.

As the two celebrated, Down Pipe moved on to further business as she now disassembled the gauntlet that Snow had just run and focused on turning it back into a full stage with all the lights and whatnot still fully operational. It would be as though that entire thing had never just happened.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Roy was just as ecstatic, celebrating with DJ White Snow on stage. He too played to the crowd, doing flips and somersaults, just not as many or as flashy as before with the warm-up.

Backstage, Roy had managed to grab a towel and was wiping the sweat off his face. He wanted to let himself cool off, if he was really good he'd manage to find himself a bottle of water too. They'd only just left the stage to shouts of "Encore" however they wouldn't be giving the people what they wanted. This was something that he learned from his channel, satisfied people didn't generate hype.

Pulling the towel back onto his shoulders, Roy moved to Snow's dressing room and knocked at the door. She'd managed to slip away when he'd started to towel off and now he wanted to reconnect, he'd not seen Astral or Down since he'd left the stage.

It also gave Roy a moment to give a review of the clothing that Annette had made him. They'd held up under much more prolonged stress than he'd imagined he'd be putting them under. They were quite remarkable, he'd have to get her to make him more, or keep her in mind if he needed any real alterations.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Problematic Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:18 pm

It would take a moment after the knock at the door came before Snow cracked it open enough for her face to be seen. She was quick to cock a brow and tilt her head to the side questioningly, silently inquiring as to what he may want now.
Problematic
Problematic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:03 am

Roy looked over his shoulder as something caught his attention, that was quickly stolen back by the cocked door and Snow obviously hiding herself, he'd most likely caught her in the midst of her changing. "I was looking for Astral, I figured she'd wanted to leave as soon as possible. No sense in making my new boss wait ya know?" Roy's head would unconsciously lean his head the same way as Snow, though his eyes would remain locked on hers. It was almost like he was trying to sneak a peak at the beautiful idol. Though the man himself wasn't that curious about his new co-workers body.
Marz
Marz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2